The Ethology Institute is looking for a SoMe specialist (part-time)
Are you a SoMe talent with a track record of building and interacting with an audience? Are you a goal-oriented, ambitious person? Do you have an interest in animals, animal behavior, and education?
If the answer to those questions is yes, you might be the ideal candidate.
We are looking for an experienced and creative social media specialist to join our truly international team. As our social media expert, you will develop, implement, and evaluate our social media strategy to raise brand recognition, enhance marketing initiatives, and boost sales.
About the Ethology Institute
The Ethology Institute provides cost-effective, high-quality educational opportunities in animal behavior and training. Since our founding in 1983, we have served thousands of students worldwide with quality education. We do not regard education as a business but as a duty to ourselves and our planet. Knowledge to everyone everywhere is our target.
Our current team includes people from seven nations and three continents. Although separated by great distances, we are a close-knit bunch.
You can read more about the Ethology Institute here.
About the job
As our social media specialist, your responsibilities will include:
- Developing, implementing, and managing our social media strategy
- Defining the most important social media KPIs
- Generating, editing, publishing, and sharing daily content (original text, images, or video) that builds meaningful connections and encourages our community members to take action
- Collaborating with our Scientific Director to ensure content is relevant, informative, and appealing
- Monitoring user engagement
- Measuring the success of every social media campaign
- Staying up to date with the latest social media best practices and technologies
- Providing constructive feedback and suggesting content optimization
You will work from home using your own equipment and communicate with your colleagues over Skype.
You are probably a college student or similar looking for a part-time job where you can apply your SoMe skills in a professional environment. You don’t have to be an animal behavior expert, but we expect you to share our philosophy and vision of providing knowledge to everyone everywhere. To succeed in this role, you need to be structured, focused, and able to work independently. You are self-motivating with strong problem-solving and time-management skills.
Skills and experience
We expect you to have the following skills and experience:
- Proven results with growing followers and engagement on social media, particularly Instagram and Facebook
- Experience with and talent for working with communication and marketing on social media
- Ability to inspire, engage and activate an audience on social media
- Understanding the connection between the different SoMe channels
- Ability to independently produce content for various platforms
- Good knowledge of social media KPIs and analytics
- Excellent communication skills in written (international) English.
What we offer
We offer a minimum of 10 hours per week. You will receive hourly pay based on your qualifications and experience, plus a generous bonus if you meet the targets we set and evaluate together.
How and when to apply
If you think you have what it takes to be successful in this position, send us your application using the text box below, where you describe why you would be perfect for the job, no later than the 5th of August 2022.
We will invite selected candidates for an interview via Skype. The goal of the interview is to get to know one another, and we expect to get an understanding of your motivation for applying for the job and your professional and personal qualifications.
We will evaluate incoming applications on a rolling basis and may choose to close the application process at any time.
Send your application via the form below and attach your CV as a PDF document.